Saturday, November 29, 2014

A not so Black Friday

My wife and I celebrated our nation's busiest shopping day by taking our two permanent foster dogs for a hike in Caprock Canyons State Park.



On the trip there, we encountered a massive flock of Sandhill cranes and two flocks of turkey. Birds make me happy!


The only wildlife we encountered on the trail was a small Texas spiny lizard. He made me happy too! There were lots of tracks and lots of scat, but I did not memorize the Urban Bestiary well enough to identify much.

The people and dogs we met on the the trail were quick with a kind word or a tail wag. Kylie and Matilda had a great time on the trail and survived the ride there and back.

My wife and I experienced one of the more beautiful places in Texas together and saw the sun set on red rock and veins of white quartz. It's hard to imagine a better day.

May you know such beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment