Friday, March 27, 2015

DIY Cargobike inspiration on Austin Craigslist

What can I say? I love the simplicity of this home-built machine. It's on the Austin Craigslist, and it looks like a bargain - if you are into that sort of thing. I am. I see a great vehicle for runs to the recycle center, the hardware store, the water dispensary, and the grocery store. (Keith thought it would be great for runs to and around his favorite liquor store.)
 
Either way, it would be one step closer to living car-free! (And one more reason for my poor wife to wonder about my sanity - Love you, Dear!)
 
Ingredients:
a bike
a shopping cart
two front forks
one more wheel/tire
 
Tools:
hacksaw
a welder
a few wrenches


It looks like the frame was modified to have no rake, which should would make steering easier. Finding a frame with no rake would make the conversion easier. Maybe if you started with a BMX frame, added a hubmotor or a 3-speed hub...
 
Just me speculating on a Friday afternoon.
 
May your brain have a vacation soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment