Monday, June 8, 2015

A Camaro roars by

It's Saturday morning, and I am sitting outside enjoying a little mandatory wait time. A Camaro roars by. I just finished watching a Robert Lewellyn Fully Charged video about battery life. The video featured a somewhat famous Nissan Leaf. A Harley grumbles by.

I keep listening for a Leaf. 

A noisy Jeep crawls the parking lot, a megaphone on its tailpipe.

We are Americans. It's our God-given right to annoy the crap out of the people around us. A Dodge truck rattles the windows. I know it's our right, but wouldn't be nice if it weren't our choice? if we instead chose to offer our neighbors a little peace, if we chose not to scream "Look at me!" every time we ran an errand?

A Mustang howls by.

Imagine a rustle of Leaves driving by.

Imagine a little more peace.

May it not be hard to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment