Thursday, August 29, 2013

How far do you live from _______ ?


I live smack-dab in the middle of this map. If you start at my house and draw a circle with a 3-mile radius, you will circle two grocery stores, two hardware stores, four public schools, three entirely too tempting donut shops, three very good local coffee houses, two places that collect recycling, one good bicycle shop, two gyms, three pet stores, a locksmith, four great local Mexican food places, a Radio Shack, two local gourmet restaurants, three drugstores, a post office, a health food store, two martial arts establishments, four places to refill your purified water containers, a community outreach center...

And the list goes on and on.

Why do I mention all of this? Because I need to lose weight (#$%^&#  donut shops!), I need to save money, I want to support local businesses, and I want to do less damage to the planet I share with all of you.

And all of these places are within walking or bike-riding distances.

What's in your circle?

No comments:

Post a Comment