Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Shakespeare, a tiny car, and a blog much better than this one



This is my favorite of the sonnets:

Sonnet 130

My mistress’ eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips’ red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask’d, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare - The crucial turning point that changes the tone
As any she belied with false compare.

My favorite part of any literature is when that transition happens, that direction change that brings it all together, the aha! moment.

So, I was quite happy when I read Jo Borras' article on a very efficient new Mitsubishi and found this jewel:

Instead of behaving like a miserable little “econobox”, the Mitsubishi Mirage CVT in B mode behaves like a cartoon turtle with a nest of angry honeybees crammed under its shell. It scoots, too!

For me, this was the turning point in the article, the line that made me think, "Hey, sit up and take notice!"

For the full text and the link to a very entertaining blog for eco-gearheads, click below:

http://gas2.org/2013/11/17/driving-highest-mpg-car-america-thats-hybrid/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IM-gas2+%28Gas+2.0%29

May your econobox behave like a cartoon turtle (with angry bees)!

No comments:

Post a Comment