Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Lubbock Culture Minipost - Flatland Film Festival this Weekend!


Yep, it's that time again and this time I am giving you some advanced notice! The FFF happens on Thursday-Saturday of this week. Here's the schedule:

 
The FFF is my favorite annual event in Lubbock and I strongly urge you to go check it out for yourself. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed last year when I found out that the festival would not include the short film segment. But that's not a problem this year - the shorts are back at 9pm on Friday.
 
If you're a fan of local music, the festival has a treat for you as well. Flat land and Open Skies appears to be a comprehensive documentary that outlines the Lubbock music scene over several decades...and there will be a performance by the Lubbock Allstar Band after the closing reception. If you only attend one cultural event in Lubbock this year...well, you know the rest.
 
May you enjoy getting to know your neighbors!
 
PS. Please tell Scott Faris that the Mesquite Hugger sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment