Thursday, June 27, 2019

The sun, a cloud, a bird, a small electric van, a grumbly brain

Grizz' scoot, my e-bike, and the sun peeking through this morning

It was yesterday I saw the photo of the Salvadoran father and child floating face down in the Rio Grande. It's been haunting me. I miss the days when I believed in my country as a place that offered refuge to those in need. Your tired, your poor, your huddled masses...

Last Saturday's view

Not a lot to report. Other than riding to work, there's been little progress on the green living/project front. The garage is getting cleaner and more organized. The gas-burners are in better repair. One tree is trimmed. The tomatoes are ripening.


A great egret fishing in the rain run-off

We've had a lot of night rain lately. More green. More mosquitoes. The sound of gas-powered lawn equipment is almost constant during daylight hours.

Same egret. This morning it was replaced by a snowy egret.


D and I went to recycle this week at Texas Tech and got to check out this nifty little electric van parked at the recycle station entrance. A little web-surfing revealed it to be a Vantage GreenVan. The first tip was the lack of exhaust pipe. It looks very rough on the inside. If it were capable of more than 25mph, I'd sure want it for hauling recycling, bicycles, scooters, kayaks, and dogs.

I was excited to hear John Delaney discussing a bipartisan carbon tax bill (just like the Citizens Climate Lobby plan) on last night's debates. More like this, American politicians, please!

That's enough grumbling for today. May you be well with a forecast for better!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Daniel. Wonderful thoughts, too! I hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Old Man Gravel! I look forward to hearing about your big, dusty ride this weekend. Be safe and joyful!

      Delete