Sunday, April 26, 2020

More Lubbock Wildlife 4-25-20


Spring is definitely here. My birdhouse architect/builder and friend - otherwise known as Lyle - advised me to keep an eye on Clapp Park this month to see a great variety of birds migrating through town. It was very good advice.

A yellow (maybe a pine) warbler - my first of two birds I'd never seen in person (or is that in bird?)


A mockingbird shopping for hardware

Yesterday I grabbed a bike, a camera, and a powerful desire to see some natural beauty and took off pedaling.

Amphibian Break

Bullfrogs, represent! (two)

A trio of white-wing dove

Mallard

Let's Break for Flora


(I wasn't the only one there with crazy hair yesterday)


Back to the Birds

A male redwing blackbird talking

A female blackbird...

...takes flight

A lovely shorebird

Mammal Break

Squirrels being squirrels

And the other bird I'd never seen in person/bird

The official coolest sighting of the day - an osprey

This is a bird I've wanted to see for at least forty years - and to see one less than a mile from home was downright blissful. I'm still stoked and excited to share it here.

The rear view

This bird was pretty unconcerned about me, so I took about 100 photos. I was able to hear its surprisingly delicate vocalizations and able to watch it dining on a carp.

The eating-a-carp view

It was a great day out!

This post was brought you by...

Canon, Huffy,

my  talented friends at Yellowhouse Coffee, Lyle, and Lubbock Parks!

May you find wonders nearby, may you be well and healthy, and may you be thankful for all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment