Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Aggie Aquaponics



I know, it's not much to look at and at that scale we'll be lucky to feed the neighborhood pseudo-jackrabbit - it's really a possum with big ears. But that's the shelf and 20 gallon aquarium that will be the aquaponics setup. My April 2 deadline is fast approaching. I set it up this weekend and the water is cycling now. I will keep you posted as the grow bed comes together and the tadpoles move into their more spacious new home.

As for the Aggies, the take the A in A&M seriously and they offer up all kinds of agricultural advice. Today I learned that they even offer up extensive advice on aquaponics. Whenever I search Texas wildlife, I am amazed at the great resources that come out of that school.

If you have any interest at all in aquaponics, ponds, fish farming, commercial viability, water quality, or (my personal favorite) crawdads, this website links to it all.
http://fisheries.tamu.edu/aquaponics/

May life thrive under your stewardship!

No comments:

Post a Comment