Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hot Rod Citicar? Oh, Yes!!!


A while back I did a little overview of the Sebring-Vanguard Citicar. (I desperately want one.) In the post, I mentioned the one (pink) Citicar I had a chance to own and how I let it get away. Toward the end of the post, I even told my crazy vision of hot rodding the little beast:

Keith did not make it to coffee this morning. He told me that he woke up in the middle of the night and his mind swam with all the possibilities in building the motor for his next project - an old Vespa Rally. And I knew the feeling. I remembered a night where my brain swam with upgrades for the little, pink slice of American cheese: an upgrade to 72 volts, or maybe even 96 volts of lithium batteries, an Alltrax contoller, and what motor? How scary would the little beast be at 96 volts? Would it be fun to park near a gas pump and point and laugh at people? Would it do wheelies? Could it sneak up on cats and squirrels like the electric Vespa does? Would my poor wife dis-own me?

Imagine my happiness when a post about electric sleepers popped up on Autoblog today with a photo of a banana-shaded Citicar. Then imagine my happiness when I read the author's dream of stuffing a Chevy Spark EV drivetrain into a Citicar. Murilee Martin, if I ever meet you, I will buy you the beverage of your choice so we can sketch on napkins and reinvent the world with an eco hot rod slant! Thank you!

May mirth and eco-friendly adrenaline fuel your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment