Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Next Project, and the One After That (And composting!!!!!)

(Just a preview of the linked infographic - MH loves a good IG!)



A big struggle for me lately is that next project.

I have been eyeballing plans for making a compost barrel. Grizz offered me a barrel. I have scavenged the hardware. I think I have the lumber; if I don't, I can find pallet lumber or construction cast-offs. The whole thing should not take more than three hours - five if I have to dis-assemble a few pallets. We could start recycling food scraps, grass clippings and leaves, and some paper goods. It all sounds good - right?

Well, maybe not.

Why not?

Reason 1: No garden. That's it. This garden season, like all others, promises to be a busy spring, summer, and fall. Gardens take time and work.
Reason 2: All the unfinished (and unstarted) projects. The electric bike. The electric pickup. The aquaponics setup. The solar panels. Infinity spiral....

So, maybe this needs to be the summer of finishing or parting with the projects. Maybe sell off half the projects in order to finance the other half. How does one advertise a Mesquite Hugger Half-Finished Project Garage Sale? Keep watching this space. Maybe I will figure it out.

In the meantime, here is a composting infographic and some Instructables in case your project cup does not runneth over.

Mother Nature Network Compost Infographic

Compost Barrel Instructables

May your projects be successfully completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment