Saturday, March 18, 2017

For Lubbock folks who want to fight climate change

Mark your calendars!

March 29, 6-8pm


Yes, I am excited! The local chapter of the Citizens Climate Lobby is having its first meeting of the year. Here is what I wrote about the CCL back in November (before US environmental policies all went to hell in a handbasket):

Citizen's Climate Lobby



I support the CCL because I am a cynic and the CCL offers me a different type of hope. The CCL is a multi-partisan approach to helping us reduce our carbon while supporting the economy and offering (financial) hope to all citizens. Their approach is not one that expects altruism to save our environment. They are offering a sensible approach that is based on a carbon tax and dividend (while making life better for all).

I really hope to see you there!

May we all work together to protect our earth and all those that live upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment