Monday, August 26, 2013

Back from Vacation - and Colorado Green Stuff

We're back - had a wonderful time - wish I had taken more pics for all of you to see.

I will post a series of things that had the Mesquite Hugger in me very excited.

First, we saw a real, live, grain bin house in Hudson, Colorado!!!

In the world of upcycling, few things are cooler than a grain bin turned into a house. My wife and I have often "designed" our dream home using 4 smaller grain bins and a varying number of shipping containers to form something like a medieval castle with a courtyard in the middle.

If you have never heard of a grain bin house, check out this link from Mother Earth News:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/grain-bins-z10m0gri.aspx#axzz2d5PXxhb7

May you have a great day and dream of round, upcycled housing!

No comments:

Post a Comment