Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sincerely Hoping to Eat Crow on This One: Tesla Battery Factory in Lubbock

On March 6, I posted an entry about the phenomenally slim chances of Lubbock being the location selected for Tesla's new battery factory. In case you're curious, that post is linked to the bottom of this page.

I ended that post by saying, "In order to have a good neighbor, one must be a good neighbor."

Well, it seems that the lure of a $5,000,000,000 business with more than a thousand jobs coming to Texas has encouraged Governor Rick Perry to be a little more neighborly.

Governor Rick Perry backs bid for Tesla Stores in Texas

I am a big fan of doing the right thing even if it is for the wrong reason. So I support Rick in this one. I would love to see the chances of having a Tesla battery factory on the South Plains and I would like for Texans to have the opportunity to buy a Tesla without having to sneak it in from another state.

Now, if he would reconsider forcing Texans off their lands and endangering one of North America's largest water supplies so that a Canadian company can sell tar sands oil to China, I might actually try to think of him as a decent human being.


May our opportunities not come at a great cost to others and may we always strive to be good neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment