Friday, May 13, 2016

Mesquite Hugger 2016 Survey Results

 
 
Good news for fans of LED bulbs, low-flow shower heads, reusable cups, and bike lanes in Lubbock. The survey results are in
 
 
What green changes have you made in the last six months, and what inspired you to do so?
  1. Switching out all my old light bulbs for LEDs.
  2. I have a recycle bin station on my porch. Awareness of what I am not doing to preserve my little spot on this earth.
  3. Growing my own fruit and vegetables. Does that count?
  4. Use reusable cups more frequently. Ride my husband's eco-friendly coat tails. Watch my husband gather up and dispose of recycling. Work on rain water harvesting and water wise plants in gardens.
 
What would you like to see less of on Mesquite Hugger?
  1. Less bikes.
  2. Ha no, it's a refreshing change of pace to have someone active in my community that wants to make a big impact and encouraged and motivates me to see how I can make a difference.
  3. I can not think of anything.
  4. Nothing, I love the content of this site.
Have you been inspired to make any changes based on what you have read in this blog?
  1. Yes
  2. Almost
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
 
What is the last eco-documentary you have seen? Did it impact your thinking?
  1. VICE on HBO, episode focusing on energy. Very eye opening, especially when it comes to nuclear energy.
  2. None
  3. Dennis Weavers Earthship on VHS tape. I want to build an Earthship home.
  4. Years of Living Dangerously
 
 
What earth-friendly changes would you like to see in your town?
  1. More Xeriscaping.
  2. I think we live in a consumer driven society that has to buy everything. More of a minimalist lifestyle teaches us how to live more with less and not live less with more.
  3. More bike lanes on the city streets.
  4. Our public energy coming from renewable resources. Bike lanes & pedestrian friendly planning. Bike share. Legalizing private windmills and make solar energy rules less stringent. Better public transit. Community Gardens EVERYWHERE.
 
 
What is your favorite local business?
  1. Eviemae's BBQ.
  2. I enjoy Hester's books on 34th, they also have a bicycle rack out front just FYI.
  3. Ralph's Records
  4. Merlin's Pet Shop
 
 
Do you recycle your household trash?
  1. yes
  2. yes
  3. just the aluminum cans
  4. yes 
 
How did you find this blog, and where in the world do you live?
  1. I found this blog tweeting to the TTU Climate Science Center. I live in Lubbock, Texas.
  2. I was led to this blog through like minded friends.
  3. From a link you sent me. Wolfforth, TX
  4. I know a guy. Lubbock
Is there anything else you would like to add?
  1. Great Job!
  2. It's been great reading, thanks for what you do!
  3. I really enjoy the blog.
  4. I love the way you inform on this blog. The way you present these topics is interesting, thoughtful and impactful. You are funny and the reading is enjoyable, but at the same time I always have an ah-ha moment because of the post. Thank you for your heart and convictions...and most importantly for sharing them with the world. 
 
May is National Bike Month. Will you ride a bike this month?
  1. No.
  2. Yes
  3. I have ridden every day this month so far.
  4. YES!!!!! 
 
I know this is personal, but do you compost, recycle, or practice water conservation?
  1. Recycle occasionally.
  2. It doesn't seem like much but I installed low flow shower heads. I've also tried to use reusable containers to drink out of rather than plastic bottles.
  3. I try to do all three.
  4. Yes...well there is that "ride my husband's eco-friendly coat tails" thing again.
 
 
Have you tried LED bulbs in your home?
  1. YES!
  2. No not yet
  3. I have a few but not all of them...yet.
  4. Yes...see previous comment. 
 
Which of these Mesquite Huggery topics interest you?
  1. DIY green projects, gardening, reduce/reuse/recycle, water conservation, electric cars, climate change, solar and wind energy, local wildlife
  2. bicycles/cycling, DIY green projects, reduce/reuse/recycle, water conservation, minimalism, tiny houses, eating local, solar and wind energy
  3. bicycles/cycling, DIY green projects, gardening, reduce/reuse/recycle, water conservation, electric bikes, electric cars, tiny houses, urban/suburban transportation and infrastructure, eating local, solar and wind energy, faith and stewardship, local wildlife, Citicars!
  4. bicycles/cycling, DIY green projects, gardening, reduce/reuse/recycle, water conservation, minimalism, electric bikes, electric cars, breaking up with petroleum, tiny houses, aquaponics, Instructables, climate change, urban/suburban transportation and infrastructure, eating local, political activism, solar and wind energy, faith and stewardship, local wildlife, Citicars!
Which of these Mesquite Huggery topics do you never want to see again?
  1. bicycles/cycling, minimalism, electric bikes, faith and stewardship
 
Thank you all for reading this blog and for working to make the world a better place!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment