Monday, August 15, 2016

Climate Change Denial

I keep thinking about it. When the facts are there, the science is there, the logic is there, and the crazy weather reinforces the truth every day, why would people continue to deny that it is real, that we are causing it, and that we need to do something about it?

I am not the brightest guy around (I am not a scientist, but...), but I think it's a guilt thing.

If you admit that climate change is real and is man made, then you have to admit that you are consciously and willingly harming others for your own convenience. Then you have your conscience and your public image to deal with. And heaven knows we don't want that.


Nothing to see here.

My heart and my prayers go out to the people of Louisiana, the people of the Philippines, and all of the others who are suffering the results of our ongoing denial.

May we get past guilt or blame or whatever it is and get to work fixing this overwhelming problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment