Wednesday, May 29, 2019

A few pics, the planters, random good stuff (End of May 2019)

A couple of morning sunrises from today


The "Food Is Free" planter is still rocking along this year

The planter is rocking with early girl tomato plants that seem to have loved last week's hail. Just sprouting are carrots and onions.

The front porch olla planters

My friend Danny gave me this random tomato plant

These basil flowers popped up yesterday

West Texas wildflower mix just sprouting (to invite more pollinators)

And a few things not pictured...

Monday I saw at least ten black swallowtail butterflies that seem to be migrating through.

We have a young Mediterranean gecko living in compost box number two.

Our daily visiting mockingbird has found a girlfriend.

We have at least five English sparrow nests and two starling nests around the yard.

We cleaned off the back patio and dinner tastes better outside.

Bike commuting nirvana (and empty coffee house bliss with Grizz) has started again. Yesterday morning I saw a pair of mockingbirds giving a Mississippi kite the what-for as I rode to work.

I've been reading 1 John and listening to Colin Hay's "Waiting for My Real Life to Begin" and "Overkill".

We saw Keith on his old, black Vespa this weekend.

I am thankful for all these summer and spring signs and I hope y'all are finding some equally cool signs in your own wanderings about! Be well, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment