Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cargobikes in Lubbock?

Alright, I hate to jinx it, but I am working on a perfect commute week. (Insert knocking on wood sound here.) A perfect commute week for me is one where I burn no gasoline getting to and from work. I know I am only halfway there, but it's looking good so far.

What could mess it up? Two things: needing to haul stuff/people, or weather. (I'd be ecstatic if the perfect week was interrupted by rain.) As for needing to haul stuff or people, I keep wanting a cargo bike.

Snagit, that's cool!

Do we have any cargobikers here in the Hub City? I have not seen any, but I keep watching. Since I have not seen any, let me encourage you, check them out. My favorites are the longtail cargo bikes and cycle trucks. They tend to be narrower than other styles, and I like the added mobility of having a skinny profile. I really like the Yuba Mundo and the Socrates Cargo Bike, but I also think the Xtracycle FreeRadical is cool - I like the idea of adapting the bike you already have. We have featured the NTS Suncycle on MH before - one of the coolest green vehicles on the planet!

If you want to learn more about cargo bikes and the people who ride them, check out the promo video for this Kickstarter  Cargobike Documentary.

If you want to build your own, check out Instructables for ideas or follow the Dorky Thorpy blog to watch a very cool build in progress.

May you have a perfect commute week!

No comments:

Post a Comment