Friday, July 11, 2014

A Little EVAlbum Inspiration: A Cure for Barbie Scooterism

Come on Barbie, Let's go scooter!

 So I have this electric scooter, an EVT168. And it's a pretty cool machine. A completely functional and street legal machine that is capable of 35mph and a roughly 20 mile range with fresh lead-acid batteries.

She's a beauty!

Mine could use some fresher batteries, but everything works. I bought it to steal the running gear from, but I have had a hard time bringing myself to scrap out a perfectly good machine. Yes, it's a very competent machine, but I have to admit it is a little hard to get excited about its plastic Barbie scooter looks.


Well, today I decided to take a quick glance at EVAlbum.com where I saw this little jewel. Pieces of it seemed familiar, but I did not realize why until I saw it listed as an EVT168. This particular DIYer took the same scooter and turned it into a pretty cool mini-motorcycle. That's it. I found this exciting and I wanted to share it with you. (Just what I needed, another inspiration for a project...)

May you find a little Friday inspiration today!

No comments:

Post a Comment