Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lubbock on a Bike: I am 2097th!

With apologies to my wife and co-workers who have had to endure my sweaty self...

The National Bike Challenge finished a few days ago. I finished 2097th out of 47,099 in the U.S. Woohoo!!
That's me back in 1978 - the last time I was involved in any competitive cycling events.

And I am very thankful to have been a part of it! What started as little more than a whim turned into a daily part of my life. And it did not involve spending lots of money - it actually saved a fair amount. It did let me know that I am happier on days when I ride. Work is better, home is better, there is more hope, and there is more resilience. I lost 14 pounds and I have a lot more stamina in getting around Thank you, League of American Bicyclists!


I rode every single day in September - who knew this out-of-shape old guy had it in him?


That's either me or Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.

Another thing the challenge did for me was serve as a reminder of how much I love bicycling and have for most of my life.

May you find your challenge to keep you moving, to make you and our world much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment