Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Go read somebody else's blog about Parking Day today, please!

Do you ever feel that you're on the cusp of something but you are not sure what? Yeah, me too.

This photo was also ripped off lovingly borrowed from DIYbiking.com

This may seem redundant, but I really appreciate a good blog. I have been reading DIY Biking for a few years now. It's been a sporadic but well-written and thought-provoking blog out of Stamford, CT. Recently, the blog's writer, a guy named Mike who likes to create bike-traffic di-o-ramas, pulled up his kickstand(s) and moved to the other side of the country. He blogged the journey and he's started blogging about his new home. (See yesterday's MH post - there's a reference to Good Karma Bikes that came from a DIY Biking post.)

But the 8-31 DIYB post is a throwback to Stamford, isn't (much) about biking, and is very much about shifting our culture. And it's the type of post that makes me say that I really appreciate a good blog. It's also one of those posts that makes me want to crawl out of my cubicle and do something. The post is about Parking Day. It even made me want to write a post about Parking Day, but there's no reason - Mike did it already and you should read it. Period.

Why You Should Take Part in Park(ing) Day

May you be blessed with a good blog and may your spaces - parking and otherwise- be better used.

No comments:

Post a Comment