Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Vintage Electric Car Dorks Rejoice! (Another Ebay Elcar)

Not all Ebay ads are created equal.

I am normally disappointed with Ebay ads for vintage electric cars - it's hard for the regular joe/jo to put together a great ebay ad, but once in a while you find an Ebay seller who transcends from seller to historian. Today, I have to give it up for 008hoopty!

I hopped over to Ebay this morning to tempt myself with the forbidden fruit of "electric car" and it appeared:

You never know what Tennessee is going to have to offer.
 
As I scrolled down, I found an online museum exhibit of everything Zagato Elcar. If you are interested in this "penalty box" on wheels, you owe it to yourself to get over to Ebay (before it sells) to read all the info presented there. Me, I am lazy, so I am just going to share some of the images from the posting.
 
 

A Mandarin Orange on wheels

An Elcar for the unhinged?

Revised indeed

I have not seen this one with text

Poolside parking

Nice Coke machine!

Woohoo! the cutaway

Love that windshield wiper

Implied stripe?

You said it, Pops!
 
May you be delighted with knowledge and mirth today, and may you find your electric dream.
 
Bonus links: two previous Zagato Elcar posts
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment