Thursday, June 30, 2016

What you are looking for...

"What you are looking for is not what you are looking for."

I was blessed this morning with a little time alone to read, write, and pray. When I opened my bible I found an old sermon note that had that line in my own handwriting.

You may have noticed a lack of activity on Mesquite Hugger lately. It has been a busy and miserable time lately, one of those times you plod through hoping to get to a better chapter. And I have been seeking distraction in worldly stuff like smartphones and televisions and refrigerators. And I have not been taking time to read, write, and pray. And I have not been taking time to experience the natural world.

So today's post will not highlight electric things with wheels, how to compost with worms, or how to make a solar oven out of paper clips and recycled bubble gum.

Today's post is a prayer for you, dear reader, that you may find time to reflect on who you are and what motivates your daily actions, that you may find peace and focus and joy, that you may seek better for you and for those who surround you.

Thank you, as always, for taking the time to read this blog.

May you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment