Friday, September 2, 2016

Fossil Free Friday: Random Electric Car Stuff

A day of three faster EV sightings

I keep a count on daily electric car sightings here in Lubbock. So far, I have seen none today, but the day is young and foggy. But last week I had a banner day. In one day I spotted two Teslas (a black Model S and a charcoal Model S) and the white BMW i8. Generally, if I see an electric car, it's a Leaf. Once in a while it's a Volt or one of the PHEV Fords. Yes, I know, it's nothing too exciting, but we take our thrills where we can. (But the EVs are still a vast minority in our gas-powered town. On a more encouraging note, I am seeing a lot more bike riders!)

On the same day and the other hand - 4 white Chevy SUVs outside the little guy's school


Buy this Lectric Leopard photo on Ebay 

One of those things I kind of missed on EBay is another Lectric Leopard, and this one was sad to me. The sad part was how it was marketed. The guy was trying to sell it as a rust-free candidate to be converted back to gasoline power. Oy vey! Such a shame!

Speaking of oddball unconventional EVs on Ebay...

All of these beauties are currently for sale on Ebay.  Guess which five I want!


A great article in prep for National Drive Electric Week:
CleanTechnica: 30 Reasons Your Next Car Should Be Electric - I like 2, 5, 15, 18, and the TMBG video. How about you?

And here's a great article to prep all of you obnoxious Texans for National Drive Electric Week:
Green Car Reports: Why I leased a 2017 Chevy Volt (in Texas) to replace a Volvo

May you experience Reason #2 while helping out with Reason #16, and may you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment