Friday, December 2, 2016

Fossil-Free Friday: Bargain Electric BMX? Woohoo!

Yep, you read it right - electric BMX bikes are now hitting the market, and this very promising machine can (temporarily) be bought down in the Mesquite-Hugger price range - $600-700!
 
 
And it doesn't even look like an e-bike. Where's the 24 volt battery? (in the frame downtube) Where's the 250/350 watt motor? (in the rear wheel) Where's the 14/18 amp controller? (I have not figured that one out yet.)

A clean little machine! (another short video)
 
Avid brakes? Kenda tires? Samsung batteries? 35 pounds? Yes!


Want to learn more? Check it out here: E-BMX by Life EV and Prodecotech

As cool as this thing is, I have not plopped my money down on the Indiegogo campaign. I fear this would be me:

 
Even so, it's a very cool e-bike! Now, if they'll just build me a big-boy version in the same price range...
 
May your green transportation get you off the gas and not make you look like a blue elephant!
 
PS. Thanks to electricbikereport.com for the heads-up on the EBMX!

No comments:

Post a Comment