Since Grizz, Mendi, Fester, the Loi-Yer, Double K, and Melissa are headed to the Texas United Scooter Rally this weekend, it seemed like a great day to throw a few electric scooters up for Fossil Free Friday.
Grizz' red Vespa and the Mesquite Hugger E-Vespa
Earlier this week, Derek Markham posted about a new electric German scooter. (Or should that be "German electric scooter"? Where's Noam when I need him.)
I'm always excited when I run across a new electric scooter so I popped on over and found a pretty standard little scooter that
- looks a whole lot like a 2006 Yamaha Vino
- has a 28mph top speed
- 30 miles of range
- is available only in Europe. Snagit.
But, then I remembered that we have a similar scooter available over here. The Genze 2.0.
And the Genze may not be all retro-Yamaha stylish, but it's got a nice list of virtues:
vastlyslightly faster (30mph!)
- It has the same range - 30 miles
- No insane Teutonic import tariff - it's made, or at least assembled, in Ann Arbor Michigan!
- It has a removable battery pack, too!
- You can buy one (in Texas) for less than $3000!
- And, it's a 2-wheeled pickup truck! (You know me and electric pickups.)
(A pretty small pickup truck)
The pickup bed even inspired a weekly contest!
So there you have it - two emission-free electric scooters to help you get off the gas, keep it in the ground, clear the air, and generally make the world a less stinky place.
May you live in a less stinky place that you helped to create!