So, I want to get back to one basic idea - Personal Carbon Reduction (PCR), or, for you Bob Sharpe readers - Burn Less Carbon (BLC).
It's the whole idea for this blog - finding ways to stop or lessen our negative impacts on the world we call home.
But the basic steps are pretty simple:
- Find out where you are doing damage.
- Look at ways to reduce or stop that damage (and that fit in your version of a budget)
- Get to work.
- Encourage others to jump into step 1.
- Find another step 1 for yourself.
- Lather, rinse, repeat (unless you went the no 'poo route.)
For me, that looks like:
- Use personal carbon calculator and learn that I need to quit burning gasoline.
Teleportation, Electric Car, Electric Motorcycle, Bicycle - yes, I already have one!
- Air up the tires and join the National Bike Challenge.
- Blog incessantly about bikes and electric bikes
- Use personal carbon calculator and learn that my food has a big ol' carbon footprint
- Meatless Monday, Food-Is-Free Planter, Ollas, Home Composting...
May you find your [BIKE], conquer your challenge, and shout it from the rooftops encouragingly!