Wednesday, June 14, 2017

So, what is your [BIKE]? (Not really a bike post)

This week I have found myself with some free time to blog, but I have also found myself with little to say outside of advertising which e-bike, e-car, e-scooter, or e-motorcycle is on sale.

So, I want to get back to one basic idea - Personal Carbon Reduction (PCR), or, for you Bob Sharpe readers - Burn Less Carbon (BLC).


It's the whole idea for this blog - finding ways to stop or lessen our negative impacts on the world we call home. Sometimes Most of the time, that message gets muddled in all the shiny and appealing new stuff featured on MH.

But the basic steps are pretty simple:
  1. Find out where you are doing damage.
  2. Look at ways to reduce or stop that damage (and that fit in your version of a budget)
  3. Get to work.
  4. Encourage others to jump into step 1.
  5. Find another step 1 for yourself.
  6. Lather, rinse, repeat (unless you went the no 'poo route.)

For me, that looks like:
  1. Use personal carbon calculator and learn that I need to quit burning gasoline.
  2. Teleportation, Electric Car, Electric Motorcycle, Bicycle - yes, I already have one!
  3. Air up the tires and join the National Bike Challenge.
  4. Blog incessantly about bikes and electric bikes
  5. Use personal carbon calculator and learn that my food has a big ol' carbon footprint
  6. Meatless Monday, Food-Is-Free Planter, Ollas, Home Composting...
So, what is your [BIKE]?

May you find your [BIKE], conquer your challenge, and shout it from the rooftops encouragingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment