Saturday, September 8, 2018

Notes from the back room - a little break

It's a great morning.

a few nights ago

I'm on a streak - eleven straight days of riding a bike. Last night my wife and I took a ride on rain-damp streets. We don't get out like that enough these days. There was a bit of racing - she won, but so did I. I heard her laugh. I saw mischief in her eyes.

Anonymous coffeehouse art

We've been getting rain lately, nice slow rains. Last night I read the opening pages of The Grapes of Wrath. The way Steinbeck builds the drought - a slow but powerful build and something we've seen around here enough in recent years. So every rain is a relief and a gift to be savoured. (And it's always good to be reading Steinbeck.)

More anonymous coffeehouse art

Life ain't easy, not for any of us. But it's sure nice to have days when the the joys outweigh the stress and the mundane drudgery of chores and jobs and obligations. Lord, it's nice to count the blessings.

May you know peace and joy today - no matter when you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment