Thursday, April 14, 2022

The First Lizard of Spring (2022)

 Woohoo! This one came much earlier than most AND it's not a Mediterranean gecko! (Although, I'd be just as excited to see a gecko - after the big freeze we saw almost no geckoes last year.)



For those of you who don't love the herpetological version of Where's Waldo, let's try that again.


No, I don't see many these days, so I was thrilled to see this tiny horned lizard.


The little brother and I went for a mountain desert bike ride at at Mae Simmons yesterday and saw the newborn horny toad. They were extremely common when I was a kid, but pesticides, fire ants, and cats have decimated the little anteaters. These days I am lucky to see two per year, so I'm thankful for each one I see.

May you (and the little guy in the pics) thrive and prosper! Be well, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment