Saturday, February 28, 2015

Working on the blog

After 400 posts, I am seeing a need to declutter a bit. And clear themes have developed over the last few years. Believe it or not, I did not start this blog with any intention to focus on electric things with wheels - I started it to offer hopeful suggestions on living a sustainable life and creating a livable future for us and our planet, regardless of who we are and what we believe.

I grew up as a compulsive reader who loved nature and things with wheels. I spent my youth on a bicycle, then became distracted by bigger things with wheels. If you have followed the posts around here, those are probably obvious. Along the way, I came to love literature, puns, and a beautiful woman named Toni. And I have come to know Christ through her and nature.

A few other things show up in here too: I am cheap! You can call it frugal or pennywise, but it all boils down to a single idea - I hate spending money for frivolous things when there are so many non- frivolous things that need our attention and resources. And I like building things. I grew up working with my hands while dreaming things up with my brain. I have been blue collar and white collar and over the last few years I have added green sleeves to the outfit. I am happiest when my brain and my hands get to work together.

All of this is to say that you will soon see pages of links off to the right side of this page. So, you tiny house fanatics will now have a little home(page), and you aquaponics anonymous members will have a place to school. You tire(d) recyclers will have a place to park your cans.

Thank you, as always, for taking time to read this blog, and for any actions you take to make life better for all.

May you live long and prosper! (Godspeed, Leonard Nimoy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment