Thursday, July 16, 2015

PCR: Lubbock Master Gardeners, a Garden Instructable, Random stuff

Snagit! Things were looking so good...

Okay, I admit it - I don't know what I'm doing. I am more mechanic than gardener. The front-porch-olla tomatoes have been rocking right along and putting out some beautiful and very tasty fruit. (My wife and I have been very impressed with our green thumbs.) Then we got up a few days ago and found that our beautiful green plants had turned brown and wilted overnight. Snagit, we were doing so well!

So, what do you do when you run out of solutions - you go look for smarter people who know more than you do. And I am a big fan of keeping it local, so I sought out the Lubbock Master Gardeners Association. Sure enough, a little bit of time on their site and I found some answers. Maybe physiological leaf roll, maybe bacterial canker, maybe late blight. (I still have a lot to learn.)

If you want to learn more about local gardening and conservation issues, check out these upcoming training presentations from the LMGA or consider becoming a Master Gardener yourself. Master Gardeners to share conservation tips (AJ article)

This really cool, heavily-hyphenated, self-wicking, recycled, water-collecting, good-looking, raised-bed planter showed up on Instrucatables this week. Check-it-out!


Last Saturday morning I found these size 12 mushrooms at a central Lubbock school playground.

The red wigglers arrived last Thursday and are happily munching away on newspaper, coffee grounds, and veggie scraps. Stay tuned for more footless compost.
 
 
May you find your answers, get smarter, get healthier, and help us all to heal our overly stressed world.
 
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment