Friday, August 1, 2014

Lubbock on a Bike: Cancer Ride & National Bike Challenge Update


First and foremost, I apologize for the short notice, but the Cycle for Hope event happens tomorrow morning right here in Lubbock at the TTUHSC/UMC campus. This is a great way to help raise funds and awareness for the Children's Miracle Network and the Celebrate Today Fund (for the Southwest Cancer Center). It's also a great way to get in better shape, spend time with great people, and to enjoy some of this beautiful weather we are having. (For those of you who are worried about your own endurance, the ride is only 7 miles! You can do it! I have faith in you! Go kick some biking butt!)


My father-in-law spent a great time in the Southwest Cancer Center, and we came to know it as a place where patients are treated with compassion, dignity, grace, and diligence. Please find a way to support this very worthy event.

In case you are wondering about the National Bike Challenge, I have not quit! I earned a gold badge this week and I am currently number one in the city and number six in Texas! It sounds really impressive until you realize that I am the only one in town who has biked in the month of August. (I am typing this before lunch on August 1.) As soon as one of the other two Lubbock cyclists turns a pedal, I will drop back to my normal ranking.



May the good times roll for you too! (Pun definitely intended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment