Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Squirrelitos!


In my office at work, there is no window. It once was a closet, but it's been converted into a pretty nice office with two doors, two desks, and zero windows. As spring has approached, it's been a little tough staring at walls and doors and desks.


During this time of social distancing, however, I am working at home. At home I have a window facing the backyard. In the backyard is an old elm with a cavity that usually holds nesting birds, but this year the squirrels moved in first.

Ever been mooned by a squirrel?

Initially, I noticed a little face and thought it was an owl, so I grabbed the camera, zoomed in a bit, and then realized it was a squirrel face. A few minutes later, another face appeared. So my wife and I set up camp and came to realize there were four. By the next day, they were venturing out a bit and we realized there were six.

My wife took these pics - she's a much better photog than I.


For those of you who just can't get enough, here is a video of the little rascals venturing out onto the branch for (what we think was) the first time.

 

Yep, that's it. I just wanted to share a little fun, natural beauty.  May you know health, wellness and a little peace in these unsettling times.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment